I think it's just the universe thwarting my every move, but Braden turned out to be tiny. We told everyone not to get him newborn-sized anything because our babies are always too big to wear them. So, of course he ends up being my tiniest baby by at least 1 1/2 pounds.
Braden was 7 pounds exactly at birth (that's after he peed on the doctor upon delivery). I still think I came out ahead of the universe because smaller babies make for waaaaay better recoveries. We didn't take a lot of pictures at the hospital. We left our bag (with the camera in it) in the car. My labors end up being pretty quick so we had to get inside that hospital ASAP.
 |
| Dave and Braden at the hospital |
 |
| Braden Eric Kenison |
 |
| The kids stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Kenison while we were in the hospital. When they came to the hospital, Patrick was pretty iffy about the whole new baby thing. Apparently, this is not what he had envisioned in all our talks about having a new baby. |
 |
| Aubrey was completely on board though. I don't think she really remembers Patrick being born, but she knew what we were getting into. |
 |
| I had a bit of a rough recovery right after he was born (I lost a lot of blood) so I didn't get to hold him right away that first day. I was so happy when I finally did get to have him to myself. |
 |
| This is a quiet moment when it was just Dave, Braden, and I at home. |
 |
| He's so funny and little. What a bum. |
 |
| Since we've been home, Patrick has warmed up to Braden and even seems to like him. He seems to have adjusted well already, but I'm keeping my eye on him. |
 |
| Braden was not enthused about being kissed right then. |
These next pictures were taken before we had the baby. Recently, Aubrey decided to become a superhero for the day and made her own costume and superhero name. I can't remember the name at this point--it was something like Superhero Girl. Her costume included her apron for a cape, one pink, kid-sized gardening glove on her right hand, and a plastic hanger as some sort of weapon.
 |
| This is Aubrey doing a "brave smile" as she puts it. She looks fierce indeed. |
 |
| The bunny is her sidekick and has one of her doll's blankets tied around its neck for a cape. |
1 comment:
YAAAY! I've been hoping for this post.
I lost a lot of blood too, especially for 2 out of the 4. It was a little rough. I'm sorry you had to do that! But look at your tiny guy! So darn cute.
I'm jealous that small babies make for better recoveries. My smallest was 7lb 13 - largest: 9lb 14oz. No easy recoveries here. Sigh.
A HUGE congrats to you and your family!
I love you! Good luck with 3. I thought it was just fine until #3 became mobile. That was a doozey.
(Also, I just found out we have similar political views. It's kind of a relief to find like-minded people that way. I knew I already liked you, but that really seals the deal.)
Post a Comment