Sunday, June 8, 2014

Catch Up

We recently (meaning in the last couple months) started backing up all our pictures and important files to an online storage site. Since our internet is slow this has made saving my pictures a slow, slow process--which has made me really not want to post. I think I've figured out most of the irritating settings now--at least enough to throw some pictures on the ol' blog.
Aubrey got a new bike for her birthday. It was pretty exciting.
Aubrey's cake. It didn't quite turn out like I had envisioned (that's a ballerina outlined in sprinkles), but it was yummy and Aubrey liked it.
Dave's birthday! We got him a chocolate silk pie from Marie Callendar's. Those things are just delightful.
Aubrey and I made strawberry jam earlier this spring. I'm pretty sure it was Aubrey's idea that we wear our aprons.
We took a trip to the Clark Planetarium for Patrick's birthday. Here's my baby on the moon.
Patrick's cake turned out pretty well. It's my first time ever using fondant. I made it (the fondant) myself and I think it tasted better than the store-bought kind. He so had his little heart set on having a tractor atop his cake. How could I resist?
Fast forward to today. We went to the International Peace Gardens in Salt Lake. We had never been there and didn't know what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised. They're really cool. There are several structures and gardens representing different countries.  This is Aubrey in the China garden. I don't include a picture of it here, but there are also cool  gazebo-type-things built in the Chinese style. 
Braden, our happy little camper. He's really such a good baby (for us). However, he hates being babysat and cries a lot when we're gone.
Here's Patrick strolling through the Denmark garden.

No comments: