Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Updates

Dear me! The last post was at the end of January and we're now at the end of April. It's been a busy spring. Dave and Aubrey both had birthdays in March. We've been working, learning, and doing--pretty much each and every hour of the day. Aubrey learned all her letters and their basic sounds in recent months. Patrick's picked up a few words like "no", "Dadda", and the occasional "Momma". He's gotten very good at gesturing to let you know what he wants. He pulls on his PJs when he wants them taken off and points with an open hand to food he wants. He'll shake his head no (and probably cry for a second) if you've chosen the wrong item. He also waves for bye-bye, hello, and goodnight.

I recently started working from home again (I took a little over a year off). I'm not doing instructional design anymore--I'm a health and fitness writer. Basically, I write articles for multiple websites and newsletters on the subjects of weight loss, fitness, and diet. I do a lot of research (which is something I'm good at by the way) and write a couple articles a day (it takes me about 10 hours a week). It's busy, but so far I've been able to do it and still be a stay-at-home mom.

  

Aubrey in her new birthday princess dress and accessories.









We got her a little (cheap) keyboard for her birthday. She still likes to play my piano a whole lot.














The string hanging down from the ceiling in these pictures is a mylar balloon Aubrey picked out for Dave's birthday. It had flowers and butterflies on it.












Then, of course, there was Easter.

This is just a cute picture of Patrick trying to hold Aubrey's purse.

No comments: