Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Springtime Fun

In the last few weeks we've taken our annual trip to the zoo, visited a farm/ranch, and celebrated Patrick's second birthday. You may be thinking it's a bit early for the zoo, but the cooler temperatures usually make for more active (and interesting to watch) zoo animals.
Aubrey running with the river otters. Somehow she got them all to herself for a while.
This is the first time we've ever seen the rhino so close.

Even the lynx  (lynxes is the plural?) was cooperating and putting on a show. I've never seen these guys move. There are two in the picture. They really blend in.


Patrick's first ride on the carousel. He didn't stay on that frog for long.

Aubrey decided to ride the peacock after I had fought off some other mom and kid so she could ride the wolf. It was annoying. Patrick joined her soon after this picture was taken.

I love it when my kids will show any interest in music or musical instruments. It's nice to have a guitar-playing husband.

Aubrey's preschool took their last field trip to a small farm/ranch place. Here Aubrey is being brave and feeding a big horse.

Aubrey also got to brush the gentle pony. She did a great job.

This is Aubrey practicing some barrel racing. She was a natural :)

Patrick's Venable birthday party. There's Scarlett (with Grandpa of course), Aubrey, Max, and Patrick. It's hard to get so many wigglers in one picture.

Patrick got a little stuffed Dr. Seuss character from my parents. He kept gazing into its eyes and cuddling it. He's very cute.

We played Don't Eat Pete again for Patrick's birthday. Between Patrick and Max it was very close to just being a candy free-for-all.

Here is Patrick on the morning of his actual birthday. It was on a Sunday so we let him open his presents before church.

I love that Patrick was excited to get shoes for his birthday. I was wondering if I should even wrap them or give them to him as a birthday present. He liked his clothing presents as well. Any present is exciting, I suppose.

The Kenison side birthday festivities.

Patrick got this book full of tractors, trucks, and diggers from Grandma and Grandpa Kenison. He wouldn't even look at any other unopened presents after opening this one. It's still the first thing he goes to every morning and the last thing he looks at every night. It gets a lot of attention throughout the day as well.

Patrick blowing very softly on his candles.

What a cupcake face.

Aubrey taking advantage of Patrick's new toys.

Patrick mostly wanted to hit the ball while it was on the ground. He insisted that the tee be used as a vacuum.
It was a good birthday. I can't believe Patrick is two. I still refer to him as "the baby," but here we are getting ready for potty training and dealing with his ability to articulate every demand in a full sentence. I love the age of two though. It's a time where kids are big enough to really play, interact, and express--yet they're still squishy and give the occasional snuggle.

No comments: