We celebrated Aubrey's and Dave's birthdays this month and, of course, Easter. With the birthdays, holiday, and a week of sick and feverish kids (and counting) we've been rendered completely useless.
We'll start with Aubrey's birthday.
 |
We played the Grandma Sorensen classic: Don't Eat Pete.
It's a different gameboard than from when I was a kid though. |
 |
Aubrey got some great books for her birthday--it's nice
to have new things to read! |
 |
For some reason Aubrey only wanted three candles on her cake
yet she has fully embraced being four. I don't get it. |
Now for Dave's birthday: it was just this last week and unfortunately he mostly got a couple of sick kids and a somewhat stressed wife for presents. He had a really good steak dinner though (
High Plains Drifter-style) and got a homemade chocolate cheesecake for dessert so you can't feel too badly for him. On a side note, neither of us have actually seen
High Plains Drifter, starring Clint Eastwood, but we assume there's a high-action steak grilling scene in there somewhere.
 |
| Yay! A computer book! |
 |
| Here's the cake. Putting chocolate shavings on it was my own special thought. It was really good! Aubrey kept pretending to pour out everyone's tea with her pink teapot throughout Dave's birthday. It was hilarious. |
 |
Again, here's the cake that I'm so proud of. I combined a few recipes
to get it just right. Glad it turned out. |
I'm actually posting this on Easter, but here are some of the pictures from today anyway. I'm not sure there are going to be any more festivities worth photographing today. We couldn't even make it to church on account of illness. I'm also a little bummed because yesterday our branch put on a big carnival with an egg hunt and a bouncy house in the park right outside our front door and my poor little sickies couldn't go out and join the fun. My parents are having a dinner this afternoon for all us kids and a little Easter egg hunt for the grandkids--my kids will be missing out on that as well. It's not helping that today is gorgeous also.
 |
| One of the three eggs Patrick had the energy to find. |
 |
| Aubrey found the rest for him. |
 |
I did a lot of eggs but with very little candy in each.
I think that was a good move. |
It has been a very simple Easter. It's been a lot of resting, watching movies, and trying to get the kids to eat anything to keep them from getting so cranky, but still good.
1 comment:
Oh, sick for Easter! Bummer. Good thing it comes every year - next year will be more satisfying, I'm sure.
NICE cheesecake! It looks delicious and pretty - a combo I rarely attain.
Happy birthday to Aubrey and Dave!
Post a Comment