Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Father's Day

Aubrey made a cute card for Dave this Father's Day and then made an even cuter plan for tricking him into finding it. She hid it in her shirt drawer so that when Dave came in her room to dress her he would find it. There were several flaws with her plan--i.e., Dave does not always dress her and on Sundays she doesn't usually get dressed until fairly late in the morning. But, since she can't keep things a surprise anyway it didn't matter. In the end, she led Dave right to her drawer and directed him where to find it.
It was pretty difficult getting Aubrey to keep Dave's presents a secret. I was reluctant to tell her because I wanted them to be a surprise. Like most four-year-olds, she is an adept interrogator and got it out of me. In her defense, she caught herself pretty well every time she started to tell Dave about his presents.  

Patrick started out Father's Day feeling fine. Nevertheless, I found myself covered in puke in the middle of a baby blessing (who blesses their baby on Father's Day?) in the middle of the chapel, shortly after church started. So, Dave hurried the screaming Patrick out of the chapel and to the bathroom (with the blessing still going strong) while I used many wet wipes to clean myself off enough so that I wouldn't drop globs of wretchedness everywhere I went. Most of the vomit went on me so at least the pew was clean. I tell you, I felt awesome walking down the crowded church hallway pregnant and soaked in vomit.

We took Patrick home and changed our clothes. Dave went back to church with Aubrey and I stayed with Patrick the rest of the day. Poor Aubrey had to miss singing with the primary kids--she was really looking forward to it. Dave and Aubrey went to Dave's parents for dinner while Patrick and I stayed home. Apparently, getting sick on holidays and vacations is something Dave was known for as a child. What a trait to pass on!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

OH, the puke story! HA HA HA HA. We have a very similar pee story, but pee is much better than puke. Man...I'm so sorry! Hilarious, though. To me, anyway.