Ah, summer. How I love thee. Usually. This summer I'm a little beyond sweltering and feeling slow and dumpy. That's what you get for starting your third trimester of pregnancy in the middle of the hot season I suppose. You can all still feel sorry for me though, right?
Despite my being a rather tired and cranky person we've gone out and had some fun. First, here are some random pictures of Aubrey posing on the stairs with her new summer hat. She kept getting in these little poses and telling me to take a picture of her. Where do kids get this stuff? We don't consume that much media. Really.
We have been hitting up every free event summer can offer and I can stand. Below are some pictures of the Utah Museum of Fine Arts' Oodles of Doodles kids' day. There were some cheesy activities for the kids and performances (modern dance and African drumming) to watch. It was good. We've also attended free events at the Davis County libraries and several community carnivals. This weekend we plan to take the kids to the Imagine concert at Station Park right by our house. They're a Beatles tribute band and it's gonna be great.
 |
| Aubrey and Patrick contributing to the chalk art segment. Aubrey was drawing a city with lots of parking lots, as I recall. |
 |
| Making some sort of dancing ribbon wand. Sure. |
 |
| That big pink thing is me trying to make a spirograph--you know like when we were kids? I was really bad at it so I had to keep trying until I figured it out. I'm happy to say I eventually got it. |
These next couple pictures are just of the kids. I like the kids so I take pictures of them doing random things. Aubrey got glasses in June because her vision is really bad in one eye. Technically, it's a lazy eye, but you can't tell because her eyes track together perfectly. At any rate, we've also had to start patching her good eye to make her weak eye get strong. Don't ask me how it's going. It's one more wonderful and important battle I have to fight and fully intend on bringing up when she's a snarly teenager.
 |
| I really think this picture belongs on the cover of GQ or something. |
 |
| Patrick will sometimes wear a patch (one that has lost most of its stick) on his forehead to show his support for the cause. |
This is out of order chronologically, but it's really too much effort to move the pictures around. We went to Mirror Lake with Dave's family at the beginning of July. It was a lovely day of being out in nature and feeling like we were camping without having to "sleep" on a 2-inch thick piece of foam. We spent the day canoeing and kayaking around the lake and just hanging out and eating. Like I said: lovely.
 |
| Dave and Patrick kayaking. |
 |
| Aubrey in the canoe. |
 |
| I canoed and kayaked as well. I can safely say I will never kayak pregnant again. Especially with a 2-year-old boy leaning against my stomach and forcing me to hold my arms out really far to keep from whacking him every time I paddle. |
 |
| Dave, Aubrey, Andrew, and James in the canoe. |
No comments:
Post a Comment